Monday, January 25, 2010

Is'ness

William Buhlman left town. Eckhart Tolle ain't around. Swami, always in the air. Dr. Chopra, everywhere. Charles and Annie stretched some words. Gary Zukav is for the birds (is this how ex-commandos lick their wounds?). Julius Evola spilled some beans. Can we get wise by other means?

You bet.

The Ancient Wisdom is not so wise. Time to try some other guys.

The only surrender that a soul needs to contemplate is the one to God. All other comers be ready to meet your Maker.

As for peaceful, pleasing, pixilated and conveniently-removed Eckhart, he can meditate on "surrendering to what is," after he reads this quote from a stellar military mind.

"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."